Everest Sport will become your preferential partner in Belgium as soon as you are confronted with a legal dispute concerning sports law. Everest Sport will assist you in the following areas of practice, among others:
- Disciplinary procedures (BAS/CBAS/CAS…)
- Doping (Flemish Doping Tribunal, Disciplinary Commission of the Flemish government, CAS…)
- Law of obligations/contract law (contracts, transfers, sponsoring agreements)
- Liability law/tort law
- The football law (stadium bans…)
- Labour law and social law (social security, labour agreements…)
- Criminal law (fraud, bribery, corruption, blows and injuries, drug law…)
- Real estate (construction of accomodations and infrastructures, license acquisition…)
- M&A (mergers and acquisitions of sports clubs)
- Tax law (fiscal status of sportspeople,….)
- Corporate law (NPO’s, legal persons, articles of association, appointment and dismissal of directors,…)
- IP-law (copyrights, trademarks and designs, broadcasting rights, portrait rights,…)
- GDPR (data protection)
Some recent sports law case examples:
- Everest acts for an international sports federation in the framework of an international criminal matchfixing case;
- Everest protects the interest of a party in the media sensitive case regarding organized crime, money laundering and private corruption in Belgian professional football;
- Everest assists an international company with a dispute regarding a breached sponsor agreement with a professional cycling team;
- Everest guides this season several professional football players regarding their contract negotiations;
- Everest recently defended the interests of a World Tour cycling team in a tax procedure;
- Everest advised a professional organised hockey team in Belgium on the drafting of their internal regulations;
- Everest negotiated the image rights of a professional tennis player;
- Everest advised on the restructuring of the company law framework of a World Tour cycling team;
- Everest deals with a significant proportion of all doping cases with an acting lawyer before the Flemish anti-doping authorities in Belgium.
What can Everest Sport mean for you?
First of all, Everest Sport can assist you in drafting agreements. Agreements between the sports club, the sports association and the sportsmen will be necessary as well as written agreements with sponsors. It is of the utmost importance that these agreements are crystal-clear and coherent. Prevention is better than cure, services of a lawyer are thus recommended.
Besides that, Everest Sport can guide you step by step with a transfer, the construction of your accommodation, your tax-related issues or an eventual merger or acquisition of your sports club.
If the obligations of an agreement are breached and/or proceedings need to be conducted, Everest Sport will represent your interests.
Does your sports club refuse to let you go? Does your sportsman refuse to attend training sessions? Does a sponsor not fulfil its obligations? Was the list of fixtures not drafted in accordance with the rules?
Finally, Everest Sport will assist you when you need to give account of yourself in a statutory, disciplinary or criminal way.
Do you need to give account of yourself on an alleged violation of the anti-doping regulations?
Did you injure someone during training or competition and are you held responsible for it? Are you being threatened with a stadium ban?
Sports law is a very specific field of law and it requires a specialized sports lawyer. Contact us without any obligations via the contact form, via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (09/334.94.70). Our offices are located in Belgium.